Sunday, November 9, 2008

Outside Reading #1

I reda a article about the Bethany Hamilton when I was searching for the three modern heroes. She was born in Hawaii in 1980. Her parents rode her on the surfboard as a toddle. She learned surfing from their parents and she won the contest when she was 7 years old. But when she was 15 , she got a bit from a 14 feet long shark during surfing. She lost her whole left arm , but she went to the safe place as her instint. It could make her given up surfing , but she started surfing again. She overcame that hard thing in that month. I was so impressed, because if I were her I probably though my surfing life is over of course and I would be depressed every time. But she changed negative thing to positive mind. I saw her picture in her supporting website, she is smiling in all picture. I think it's the power of the believe in the god. Her parents taught her about the Jesus since she was young. It made her to be positive. I'll keep this in my mind and try to be positive.

www. myhero.com---bathany hamilton

No comments: