Sunday, February 8, 2009

#3 - Different Culture w/ our culture



Movie, The Clique.



Depending on the countries, almost every life styles are different like what we eat or what we wear. But now a days, the difference between these culture is decreased. Actually, just coming America for me is the experience of cultural difference, so almost everything I watch, eat, and hear is a whole new culture. I saw the movie the clique a few months ago.

There are some cultural differences between the America culture and my culture(South Korea). In the school, they are not wearing the uniform, but in S.korea, in the middle school and the high school, we have to wear uniform. So, I guess this difference cause other differences. For fun, they usually go shopping mall for shopping , but in S.korea, we just hang out the outside like 'France avenue' or go the karaoke called, "노래방". Also in this movie, they are doing 'sleepover' thing, but we don't really have the culture about "sleeping over". I noticed that there are a lot of difference between my culture and the american culture, but I couldn't feel that big gap. I think it's because of developed media and the technology, so actually I could see some of the western cultures when I was in S.korea.

No comments: