Sunday, October 26, 2008

EATING HEROES----EATING BUGS OR FOODS?



There are many kinds of eating heroes like eating contest heroes, eating heathy foods heroes, or eating bugs heroes. But I searched only two parts : eating foods or bugs.


Eating heroes(bugs)




*Video

This is the video eating bugs. It's really disgusting so if you are pregnant or a ealder or a young kids or a shocked easily person, DO NOT CLICK.






How was it? Maybe you couldn't understnad why they are eating bugs. There are many different types of people. Some people like to eat bugs like us eating foods. It's hard to understand but I think we should understand them.

*Book


This is the book "Man eating bugs", written by Peter Menzel, Faith D'Aluisio . They visited many country like Austrailla and China eating bugs and took a picture. They also tested eating bugs. Here's the quote from him about eating scorpions.


"The chef and manager appear with a special treat--an appetizer of live scorpions. First the manager puts them in a small bowl of water. The scorpions aren't happy about this. They start thrashing around. A good sign, I decide. If we are going to eat live scorpions, let them be very alive. With chopsticks, the manager removes the scorpions from their bath and drops them in rice wine for a few minutes. The scorpions stop struggling and go into a coma. The chef then scissors off the tail stingers and poison sacs and arranges the scorpions on a plate.... I brace myself, but the experience isn't so bad. It's very chewy with a gutsy, almost fishy taste, but it's overpowered by the wine flavor....”


*Summary


There are people eating bugs. First time searching about eating bugs, I thought eating bugs is really "gross" and I couldn't understand them at all. I just thought they are crazy. But I read some articles and quote from their view. They say that it's a another part of the culture. Some people asked to the readers that why we don't eat bugs. She says the bugs are also the nature, so we can eat. Some people also say that some bugs are good for our health. There are many different types of people in this world.We must not look down some different groups because they are strange for us and they are small groups. We need to understand and respect them. I'll never eat bugs for my entire life, but I'm trying to understand them.

Eating Heroes(foods)


*Video


---------eating hot dog contest(2008)





There was the hot dog contest last year also, in that contest Kobayashi won , but this year, Joey Chestnut won. They said that they regard eating as a kind of the sports.



*Heroes : Joey Chestnut




-training

Chestnut trains by fasting and by stretching his stomach with milk and water.Three days before winning a chicken-eating contest in Boston, in November 2005, Chestnut drank gallons of water in under one minute and ate buffalo wings to get his stomach accustomed to them. As of July 4, 2006, his competition weight was 220 pounds (100 kg).

-main record

+Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs and buns (short form): 59 hot dog and buns in 10 minutes during the Nathan's Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest in Coney Island, Brooklyn, NY on July 4, 2008.
+Nathan's Famous
Hot Dogs and buns (long form): 66 hot dog and buns in 12 minutes during the Nathan's Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest in Coney Island on July 4, 2007.[8]
+
Pizza Hut P'Zones: 4.82 pounds of Pizza Hut P'Zones in 6 minutes in New York City on July 10, 2007.
+
Pulled Pork Sandwiches: 45 Pulled Pork Sandwiches in 10 minutes during the Myrtle Beach World BBQ Eating Championship in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina on September 1, 2007.
*Quote
"How much can a human being eat? What is the capacity? I think we'll find out." by Kobayashi.
*POEM
I Like to Eat!
I like hotdogs
I like beans,
I like eating in my jeans.
I like french fries
I like ham
I like eating in my jams.
I like cookies
I like pie
I like eating in my tie.
I like bagels
I like lox
I like eating in my socks.
I like pancakes
I like molasses
I like eating in my glasses.
I like veggies
I like fruit
I like eating in my boots.
*Summary
I like eating tasty foods, not too much. So searching about eating foods heroes was pretty interesting for me. I wonder how can Kobayashi or Joey Chestnt eat almost 50 hot dogs. I thought they are just trying to win the contest. I learnded that they are ready or keep training for the contest. That contest were important for them. I also thought eating too much is stupid, but they are not stupid, because they regard eating as the sports and they try to control to accept that amount of foods. It was amazing for me. Like the kobayashi's quote, I wonder how much human can eat. I don't think we can find out that forever.

2 comments:

chevon said...

u have chosen a interresting topic

Tenzin said...

omg...
so much food in such a short amount of time...
these people r crazy!